Sunday, November 6, 2011

Passions


One of my passions is taking care of children. Not even, merely bonding and connecting with them would be the better way to describe it. I think I applied to about 8 different care giving positions for children and animals in the past 15 minutes. I'm actually really surprised that I love children so much sometimes because I had that phase as an adolescent where I felt uncomfortable being about young ones. Now, I want to take care of all the kids of the Seacoast area. I am a firm believe that all children should receive genuine love and should be allowed to explore their imaginations. I also strive to be a positive influence and figure in a child's life because, well, it's just plain crucial.

I think I am beginning to understand why my mother loves children so much, as does her mother, and my grandmother's mother, and so on. I think I would be happy in life being surrounded by kids, even if they weren't entirely my own. Meaning, if I don't have children of my own I won't be devastated, but I will make sure I never give up on the youth in our world. They are just too damn fragile and important to simply let go of. I'm still shocked that I am drawn to childcare this much right now in my life. I guess it's triggered because of babysitting and having such wonderful experiences with kids.

This is a video of my baby cousin and myself playing Mario and Luigi on our own DS systems. I love him to bits. It's amazing watching him grown up and start to learn about the world. I remember being astonished at how smart he already was at age three, and now....lordy, I try to keep up with him! Maybe it was my baby cousin that made me adore kids again...who knows! I love him so much and I can't wait to see him grow more and be an influence in his development.

I hope another Cousin Day is soon to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment